Farm Girl News!

Friday, September 5, 2014

I'm sure most of my readers are familiar with Mary Janes Farm Magazine?  I've loved her magazine for years.  

This past year I started reading The Farm Girl Bloggers site brought to you by MaryJanesFarm.  It's a fun blog because it is written by several Farm Girls; each writing a couple posts a month.   There's the Beach Farmgirl, the City Farmgirl, the Rural Farmgirl, and the Suburban Farmgirl.   They each have a complete different story to tell and it really brings a fun variety to the blog.



Well... long story short I am now MaryJanesFarm, Ranch Farmgirl!  I will be writing twice a month, every other Friday.  I hope to write about my ranching heritage, our cattle farm here in Tennessee, and of course just day to day life happenings.  

Obviously, I will continue to keep my personal blog because I love it!  I will also continue my Monthly Moos column because it is one of the favorites of my readers.  I do not plan to write about the same things here that I will be writing about on the Ranch Farmgirl blog, so you can follow me at both places!  

It's an exciting opportunity and I feel so honored to be a part of the MaryJanesFarm bloggers.  I didn't have the courage to share the news until my first post was live; which is TODAY!  You can read it here.  I hope you'll subscribe to receive posts by email so you can enjoy what all the Farmgirls have to say!  


And since I'm a lazy Ranch Farmgirl, I drive the Ranger instead of riding a horse!  (Smile!)


I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you, all my faithful readers who email me, comment on my posts, and have become my friends.  Thanks for reading!  


P.S.  Recently the book "Half Broke Horses" was shared with me.  Have you read it?  I have been enjoying it so much as it keeps reminding me of MY grandmother and her life on the New Mexico Ranch that she homesteaded.   If you ever need a book to read, try it!

12 comments:

  1. I just signed up for blog alerts! How fun!! LOVE, LOVE your post. Also, you have the same Ranger we have. We put two more seats in the back and 4-wheel lots with ours. Happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...I just love everything that you alwats post. Your farm is beautiful and I see that you pass on alot of your talents to your grandkids...so adorable by the way! Love you farmgirl....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ranch Farmgirl! I've always enjoy reading your blog. Happily busy lady you are in your retirement! Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Dori - I'm so happy for you! You will do an amazing job and I'm certain everyone will love reading your beautiful stories and seeing pictures of your incredible farm. Did you know that Mary Jane actually visited my home/business a few years ago? I know, so exciting, right? She and a few others came in the fall of the year - they were all such a delight. I, along with so many others, learned so much from her. I'm so happy that you are a part of the wonderful Mary Janes Farm outreach! Congratulations friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how very cool! Congratulations!! M.Jelinek

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an honor for you - good job!! I'll be reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dori, that is exciting they picked you. You're perfect for this kind of stuff. Can't wait to see more of what you write.
    Your cousin, Brenda and Dannie. He hasnt seen it yet, but will show him what your doing. He's busy now getting his 66 GTO over hauled, and doing it all himself. The whole inside and out. Everything needs to be replaced but the body.
    Yuk, it was grose. Congrats by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity to share what you know. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Dori! I know you will be an asset to the group. I love anything about farm life! I look forward to reading more about your experiences and others. Thanks for telling us about the book "Half Broke Horses". Take care.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I love your writing style and your life in the country, so I'm thrilled that you have another venue to share your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so awesome! I have loved Mary Jane and her magazine for years. Can't wait to see the posts:>)

    ReplyDelete